Willie, the office cat.


In-Home Care

There are two different types of In-Home care available: Nursing Care and Companion Care.

Nursing Care
Nursing Care is provided by Home Health Companies usually certified by Medicare or Medi-Cal, and licensed by the state of California to provide nursing care in your home. A nurse, R.N. or L.V.N., can be sent to your home to perform a variety of different services including but not limited to accuchecks, wound care, dressing changes, I.V. therapy, and numerous other services. Certified Nursing Assistants or Home Health Aids can be sent to your home to provide assistance with bathing and dressing.

Back to top

Companion Care
Companion Care is provided by private agencies who are licensed and bonded to provide you with a live-in care taker, an hourly assistant, a shopping assistant, transportation, meal preparation, and numerous other duties. This service is not covered by Medicare or Medi-Cal, but may be covered by a long term care insurance policy, otherwise private pay.

Back to top


©2001 United States ElderCare Referral Agency, Inc.